3 Great Places to Raise a Family in Canada
When you move your family to a new place, finding a kid-friendly community should be your first priority. Everyone wants to raise their children in a safe, academically-friendly community, but not everyone knows where to find them. If you want to move your family to a great community, then you should consider moving to any of the 3 cities on this list.
#1: St. Albert, Alberta
- Average Income: The average household earns a little under $130,000.
- Average Home Price: Houses cost about $375,000. You have a good income-to-expense ratio here.
- Cost of Food: You’ll pay about the same prices for food in St. Albert that you do in Edmonton, which means that you’re getting a pretty good deal as far as grocery expenses go. You won’t have to worry about spending an arm and a leg for family dinner.
- Quality of Schools: When students consistently rank above the provincial average, you know that you’ve found a great school district. St. Albert has excellent schools for children of all ages.
- Crime Rates: St. Albert has a 0.06% crime rate now, and that rate has dropped by about 25% in the last five years. Your children can safely play outside here.
#2: Calgary, Alberta
- Average Income: People in Calgary earn around $120,000.
- Average Home Price: Calgary’s homes cost nearly $440,000.
- Cost of Food: Food costs a bit more in Calgary, but your income will give you a much higher purchasing power here than in most other cities. You’ll have no problem buying a fancy cake for your daughter’s birthday party.
- Quality of Schools: Calgary has many excellent schools, but you will have to be careful about which ones you choose for your -children. Some perform very well, but others do not.
- Crime Rates: This city is another safe one. Its crime rates have also dropped about 25% in the last five years, and the current crime rate is at 0.04%.
#3: Edmonton, Alberta
- Average Income: Earners receive an average salary of $90,000 here.
- Average Home Price: Homes cost $375,000 on average.
- Cost of Food: Food costs less in Edmonton than it does in Calgary. Not only will you be able to buy fancy cakes, but you’ll have money to feed the whole birthday crowd.
- Quality of Schools: Edmonton’s schools also rank very well. Many of the best schools in Alberta are in Edmonton, so if education is your priority, Edmonton’s schools are the way to go.
- Crime Rates: The crime rate in Edmonton is still well under 1% at 0.07%. You’ll live in a very safe community here, too.
If these areas take you too far away from your career or your extended family, you can also consider Ottawa, ON; Vancouver, BC; Burlington, ON; and Lethbridge, AB as well. These cities also have excellent educational systems and low crime rates.
You’ve Found the Place, but How Will You Get There?
Choosing a place to live should be the only difficult part of moving. Let BC Alberta Movers take care of the rest! We’ll move you anywhere in the country, no matter how far you want to move. To learn more about our services or request a free quote, call us toll free at 1-800-599-2622 today!